Apricot Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
A delicious update of this favorite with luscious Meduri apricots and rich dark chocolate. Makes about 4 dozen
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1-1/2 cups old-fashioned oatmeal
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
8 ounces (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 cup packed light-brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 large eggs
8 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, chopped
7 ounces Meduri World Delights Sweetglow® apricots, chopped (1-1/2 cups)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix flour, oatmeal, and baking soda in a medium bowl.
- Cream butter and both sugars with a mixer until light and fluffy.
- Reduce speed to low. Add salt, vanilla, and eggs, and beat until well combined, about 1 minute.
- Add flour mixture gradually, beating until just combined.
- Stir in chocolate and Sweetglow® apricots. Cover and refrigerate until cold, about 30 minutes.
- Drop heaping tablespoons of dough onto parchment-lined baking sheets, spacing 2 inches apart.
- Bake 14-16 minutes or until cookies are golden brown around the edges, but still soft in the center.
- Let cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.