Apricot and Grilled Chicken Baguettes
Grilled chicken sandwiches will never be ho-hum again. This recipe makes 4 unusually delicious sandwiches.
4 mini baguettes or 1 cut into 4 pieces
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut in strips and skewered
1 cup Meduri World Delights Sweetglow® apricots, chopped
3 oz. gorgonzola cheese
2 oz. mascarpone cheese or fresh cream cheese
1 oz. sour cream
3 green onions, sliced
zest of 1 lemon, finely chopped
salt and pepper to taste
1 bunch watercress or arugula
- Heat the grill.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
- Grill until just done, meanwhile toasting the baguettes on the cool side of the grill. Let rest.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the Sweetglow® apricots with the cheeses, sour cream, green onions, lemon zest and season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the chicken from the skewers.
- Spread a layer of the apricot cheese mixture on the bottom piece of baguette, add the chicken and top with some watercress. Repeat for the remaining 3 sandwiches.