Arugula and Double Red Grapefruit Salad
Created by Lucy Nielson
Arugula (also called rocket) is the heart of this healthful salad with toasty crunch and the sweetness of Meduri Double Red Grapefruit slices. Serves 4 as an appetizer.
2 bunches (7 oz.) arugula
4 tablespoons (2 oz.) fruity olive oil
2 tablespoons (1 oz.) balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup Meduri World Delights Double Red Grapefruit slices
1 ripe avocado, sliced
1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
1/2 cup shaved parmesan cheese
cracked black pepper
1 flat lavash bread
2 tablespoons finely grated parmesan cheese
2 tablespoon fruity olive oil
- Combine the arugula with the oil and vinegar in a bowl and toss to combine.
- Add the grapefruit slices, avocado, onion, parmesan, and season to taste with pepper.
- Cut the lavash into 16 equal strips and lay them out on a sheet pan.
- Combine the oil and cheese in a small bowl and brush onto the
- Place the pan under the broiler and toast until golden. Turn the strips over, brush on remaining oil cheese mixture and repeat.
To serve: Cross 4 strips of flatbread on each serving plate and top each with a portion of salad.