Black Forest Trifle
Created by Kelly Cooley
Inspired by a traditional Black Forest Cake, this dessert combines the richness of chocolate with the distinctively sweet flavor of Razzcherries® to create a delicious indulgence that's hard to resist.
1 box chocolate cake mix
1 cup cream cheese (softened)
3 tablespoons butter (softened)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons cherry brandy
3/4 cup powdered sugar (sifted)
3/4 cup Meduri World Delights Razzcherries®, quartered
- Prepare cake mix according to box directions, let cool, and cut into 1" cubes.
- In a mixer set on low speed, combine cream cheese, butter, vanilla, brandy, and powdered sugar until smooth.
- In a trifle dish, use 1/3 of cake cubes to cover the bottom of the dish.
- Add a layer using 1/2 of cream cheese mixture, evenly-distributed over the cake.
- Repeat the steps above to layer in 1/3 cake, cream cheese mixture, 1/3 Razzcherries®, and finish with a layer of cake.
- Sprinkle remaining Razzcherries® across the top of the trifle and garnish with a dusting of powdered sugar, if desired.
- Chill and serve when ready.
Note: You can substitute 1 teaspoon of imitation cherry extract for the cherry brandy.