Crispy Rice & Fruit Cocktail Mix Bars
Created by Alice Holmes
This is a healthful, low-sugar twist to a favorite rice cereal snack. Meduri World Delights Fruit Cocktail Mix adds unique layers of flavor to every crispy bite.
3 oz. puffed brown rice, approximately 6 cups
3 tablespoons flaxseed oil, plus extra for the pan
1 tablespoons orange blossom honey
7 oz. mini-marshmallows, approximately 4 cups
3 oz. toasted slivered almonds, approx. 3/4 cup
1 cup Meduri World Delights Fruit Cocktail Mix
- Lightly coat the inside of a 13" x 9" x 2" metal pan with flaxseed oil and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Spread the brown puffed rice evenly on a sheet pan.
- Toast in the oven for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place the oil, honey, and marshmallows in a large mixing bowl and set over a pot of gently simmering water.
- Once the marshmallows are melted, quickly add the toasted brown rice, almonds and fruit and stir to combine.
- Spread the mixture evenly into the pan.
- When the mixture has cooled completely, cut into squares and store in an airtight container.