Meduri Cherry Biscotti
A sweet twist to this classic. Bake with your choice of moist Meduri cherries. Enjoy alone or dipped into your cappuccino.
2-1/2 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup sugar
4 ounce butter (1 stick) melted
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon anise seed coarsely ground
1 cup sliced almonds
1 cup Meduri World Delights Morello cherries or Meduri World Delights Rainier cherries or Meduri World Delights Bing cherries soaked in hot water for 30 minutes and drained
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Sift flour, salt and baking powder in a bowl.
- Whisk sugar and eggs together in a large bowl to a light lemon color, stir in seeds, nuts, Meduri cherries, butter and vanilla.
- Sift dry ingredients over egg mixture, then fold until dough is just combined.
- Divide dough and shape into logs 13" x 2" and place on an oiled cookies sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Bake until golden about 35 minutes.
- Cool the loaves for 10 minutes. Lower the oven temperature to 325°F.
- Cut each loaf diagonally into 3/8" slices with a serrated knife. Lay the slices about 1/2" apart on the cookie sheet cut side up and return them to the oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes, turning over each cookie halfway through baking.