Pink Lady® Apple Chutney with Roast Pork Tenderloin
Created by Lucy Nielson
This special dish serves 6 happy people. The chutney can be made 3 days ahead. Just cover and refrigerate.
Pink Lady® Apple Chutney
1 cup (packed) golden brown sugar
1 cup rice vinegar
2 garlic cloves, minced
1-1/2 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 cinnamon stick
2 cups Meduri World Delights Pink Lady® apple wedges, cut into 1-inch pieces
1/2 cup golden raisins
1/2 cup Meduri World Delights whole cranberries
2 (1 to 1-1/4-pound) trimmed pork tenderloins
1/2 cup apple cider
1/2 cup dry red wine
1 cup Pink Lady® Apple Chutney
2 garlic cloves, chopped
2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves plus sprigs for garnish
2 tablespoons olive oil
- Stir sugar and vinegar in heavy large saucepan over medium heat until sugar dissolves.
- Add next 4 ingredients and simmer gently until mixture is syrupy and reduced to 1 cup, about 8 minutes.
- Mix in Pink Lady® apples, raisins and Meduri cranberries. Increase heat to medium and boil until apples are tender, stirring frequently, about 10 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Rinse pork and pat dry. Place in shallow bowl.
- Mix cider, wine, chutney, garlic, and thyme leaves in small bowl.
- Pour mixture over pork, cover and marinate at room temperature 1 hour or chill up to 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Heat oil in large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat.
- Remove pork from marinade, reserving marinade.
- Add pork to skillet, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and cook until light brown on all sides, about 6 minutes total. Pour reserved marinade over pork.
- Transfer skillet to oven. Roast pork, basting occasionally, until instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part registers 145°F, about 20 minutes for medium (temperature will rise about 10 degrees). Transfer pork to cutting board. Tent with foil and let rest 5 minutes.
- Slice pork, transfer to platter. Pour pan sauce and juices over. Garnish pork with thyme sprigs. Serve extra chutney on the side.