Strawberry Rhubarb Coffee Cake Muffins
Created by Scotti Rylands
A special treat for breakfast or dessert, made sweet and tangy with Meduri World Delights Strawberry-Rhubarb Bites. (My mother-in-law loved this recipe.)
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 Tablespoons all purpose flour
2 Tablespoons melted butter
2 cups all purpose flour
1/3 cup brown sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup milk
3 tablespoons of melted butter
1 large egg
1 cup roughly chopped Meduri World Delights Strawberry-Rhubarb Bites (set aside, do not mix with dry ingredients)
- In a small bowl combine all Crumb Topping ingredients above and mix well with a fork and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°F and grease jumbo muffin tin (6 to a pan).
- In a bowl, stir together dry muffin ingredients above, except Strawberry-Rhubarb Bites.
- Mix wet ingredients together and pour into dry ingredients. Mix just until all moisture is gone. Do not over mix or it will be lumpy.
- Fold in Strawberry-Rhubarb Bites.
- Spoon half the mixture into muffin tins, then sprinkle with 1/3 of crumb mixture.
- Top with remaining muffin mixture.
- Sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake at 400°F for 20-30 minutes (start checking about 15 minutes) or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool at least 10 minutes and serve warm or at room temperature.